SCCMLA Archives

Distribution list for SCC/MLA members

sccmla@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

From:
"Haygood, Laura" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Haygood, Laura
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2023 20:11:25 +0000
Announcing our next ECLI/NNLM Region 3 webinar: Creating a Road Map for Career Success: Applying for Tenure, Promotion, or AHIP!

The Early Career Librarians Initiative has partnered with NNLM Region 3 to launch a webinar series. To view recordings of previous webinars, please check out our webpage<https://www.sccmla.org/ecli>.

Please consider joining us on July 26th from 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM CDT. We will be hearing from Rachel Helbing and Susan Steelman, as they share their experience and advice. Register here<https://www.nnlm.gov/training/class/creating-road-map-career-success-applying-tenure-promotion-or-ahip> for the webinar, and check out our event flyer<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F8Qs2kKND4lOfqZjGu1JQ_-7VfnOyfQQ/view?usp=sharing>!

This webinar will provide guidance on applying for tenure, promotion, and membership in the Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP). The presenters will give an overview of these various processes, focusing on their similarities and differences, benefits and drawbacks, and timelines and requirements. Drawing on their unique professional experiences and institutional situations, the presenters will share widely applicable best practices to prepare attendees to create a roadmap for career success. This webinar is brought to you through a partnership with the Early Career Librarian Initiative (ECLI) a volunteer-based group within SCC/MLA.

Please feel free to share this flyer and email widely!

Thanks,

Laura Haygood and Sandra Desjardins, co-chairs of ECLI.

[cid:image001.png@01D99877.68648A90]<mdschool.tcu.edu>

LAURA HAYGOOD, MLIS, AHIP
MEDICAL REFERENCE LIBRARIAN
PRONOUNS: she/her/hers