SCCPLA Archives

SCCPLA - SCC Planning Committee

sccpla@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

From:
Tim Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
SCCPLA - SCC Planning Committee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2006 15:31:10 -0600
Martha, I think Shirley would be the contact for the Sharing Sessions.
Ethel or Vicki, who wants to be the contact for the posters? Also do we
want to list Holly as the contact for Tech Expo?
Tim

Attend SCC/MLA 2006, Oct. 20-24, College Station, TX

Tim Mason
Technical Services Librarian
UNTHSC Lewis Library
3500 Camp Bowie Blvd.
Ft. Worth, TX 76107
817-735-2466

>>> "Martha Bedard" <[log in to unmask]> 03/01/06 2:41 PM >>>
I am in the midst of drafting up the joint call for papers, posters,
and
sharing sessions and want to confirm who those interested should
respond
to.  I suggest we list just one name for each event.  Esther has
agreed
to be the contact person to receive the abstracts for the papers-- who
is willing to be the contact for the sharing sessions and for the
posters?   I will try to get something out for all of you to approve
by
end of week.
Martha

>>> "Tim Mason" <[log in to unmask]> 11/02 4:42 PM >>>
This might be the second time that you received this message. I had to
resend a few because of incorrect emails. Tim

The Program Committee met on Oct. 23, 2005 in Little Rock. After
reviewing what has been accomplished so far in regards to local
arrangements and program, we discussed the program for 2006. The
committee agreed to have 3 general sessions, 2 speakers and 1 panel.
The
panel would consist of updates from NLM, MLA, NNLM, and Scamel.
HLIS would arrange for a speaker for their luncheon. We will have
contributed papers, posters, sharing sessions/tech expo, and CE.
Joe Jaros has been appointed to the committee. He will work with
speakers and  anywhere else we need additional help.

The committee divided up its responsibilities as follows:

Speakers: Martha, Deborah, Joe
Contributed papers: Esther and Dohn
Sharing Sessions and Tech Expo: Shirley and Holly
CE: Shari
Posters: Vicki and Ethel
HLIS program: Ethel/Stephanie Fulton* (Stephanie, as chair elect of
HLIS, is responsible for the 2006 HLIS program)

Here are the contacts from the LR Program Committee:

Contributed papers- Pauline Fulda and Ed Poletti
Posters- Cathy Rhodes Pepper
Sharing sessions- Mary Ryan
CE-Shari Clifton
Tech Expo- Stephanie Fulton
Speakers- Mary Ryan
HLIS program- Joy Summer-Ables

Joy will be setting up a listserv for the Program Committee.

Again, I would like to thank everyone for agreeing to serve on this
committee. The Program Committee, unlike some, really have their work
cut out. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any concerns you
might
have.

Tim

----Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail and any files transmitted with
it are confidential to the extent permitted by law and intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If
you have received this e-mail in error please notify the originator of
the message and destroy all copies.