SCCPLA Archives

SCCPLA - SCC Planning Committee

sccpla@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

From:
Nancy Burford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
SCCPLA - SCC Planning Committee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 11:25:11 -0500
Excellent -
Thank you, Tim, for finding the rule.  We'll breathe easier here (at least about this!).

Nancy

>>> Tim Mason <[log in to unmask]> 9/5/2006 10:33 am >>>
Nancy,
They have to pay the one day registration fee.

This is what is in the Procedure Manual, appendix 1, page 51:

The registration fee charged for the SCC/MLA Annual Meeting is designed
to pay for the cost of the meeting. This means that all persons
attending the meeting must pay the registration fee and any extra fees
for meals, workshops or continuing education courses.

Tim

>>> Nancy Burford <[log in to unmask]> 9/4/2006 4:05 PM >>>
OK, we need a ruling, please, ASAP.  Our form was based on what we got
from Arkansas, which had 5 days for one-day registration options (and I
think I heard that they based theirs on someone else's).  We shifted the
days, because this year it's different, but didn't add any.  We can't
change the paper one that went out, but we can change the online one,
but it takes a while for Derek to make changes across the different
forms (original, confirmation/changes, and email confirmation).
Probably takes less time than adding things in, but still we need to do
this before many people register (far more have made hotel reservations
than conference registrations to date).

Tim, is this an EB question?  Can this be expedited?  I don't think
we've had any oneday registrations yet, so it's not a matter of needing
to refund money... yet.

Thanks,
Nancy

Nancy Burford
Assistant Professor
Resources Management Librarian
Medical Sciences Library
Texas A&M University
College Station, Texas 77843-4462
979-845-1820 (voice)
979-845-7493 (fax)
Attend SCC/MLA 2006 in College Station, Texas!
October 20-24, 2006

>>> Deborah Halsted <[log in to unmask]> 9/4/2006
12:45:19 pm >>>
All-

I agree with Shirley, the CE courses are usually held before or after
the actual conference. They do not count as a day of the conference. In
the past, only the 3 real conference days have a one-day registration
fee.

dh