SCCPLA Archives

SCCPLA - SCC Planning Committee

sccpla@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

From:
Nancy Burford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
SCCPLA - SCC Planning Committee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:12:49 -0500
The size might not have gone out in the re-call, but it went out as soon as we knew what we could get locally.  I had even heard that some people would not be submitting a poster because they would have to pay to have it re-printed.  Why should anyone be given special accommodation at this point when a special message went out in April about the odd sizing of these panels, and others might not have submitted posters because of the cost of re-printing?
We don't know - there may be more out there who are receiving their letters and realizing that theirs is the wrong size also and who are busily reprinting or reformatting... We'd initially thought of putting them side-by-side to accomodate the customary size poster, but discarded that idea because of the potential for movement and tearing.  The panels are free-standing, not attached to each other.
I'd say no.

Nancy

>>> "Campbell, Shirley" <[log in to unmask]> 8/22/2006 10:27 am >>>
I say accommodate those which were used at MLA - but not someone who
just didn't pay attention to the size.  Now what is the size of ours?

I went back and looked and was really surprised, because it is a weird
size:  "poster stands measuring 48" wide by 66" tall. "

Unfortunately, the size was not included in the June call (or was that a
re-call) for participation.  Wish it had been, since it is a strange
size.

But I still think we should accommodate those that were used at MLA.