TEATRO-L Archives

COLOQUIO: TEATRO DE LOS SIGLOS DE ORO

TEATRO-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
"A. Robert Lauer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
A. Robert Lauer
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2008 10:11:18 -0500

>From: jsuarez <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Lauer, A Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 09:24:59 -0500
>Subject: Violencia en el Teatro del Siglo de Oro
>
>Estimado Roberto:
>Ahora ya no estoy seguro acerca de si te he
>enviado esto o no. En cualquier caso, ahí va
>para tu disfrute y conocimiento de la comunidad.
>Un saludo,
>Juan Luis
>
>Violence in Golden Age Theatre
>
>International Conference
>
>Stratford, Ontario (Canada), June 26th – 29th, 2008
>

>Organizing Committee:
>
>Ignacio Arellano, GRISO-Universidad de Navarra
>
>Juan Luis Suárez, The Hispanic Baroque Project-University of Western Ontario
>
>Bob Johnston, AHCT Inc.
>
>Secretaries:
>
>Elaine McIlwraith
>(<mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]), University of Western Ontario
>
>Juan Manuel Escudero
>(<mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]), GRISO-Universidad de Navarra
>

>The Hispanic Baroque Project of Canada
>(<http://www.hispanicbaroque.ca>www.hispanicbaroque.ca)
>and GRISO of the Universidad de Navarra, in
>collaboration with The Stratford Festival of
>Canada, the Association for Hispanic Classical
>Theater Inc., and the Universidad de Santiago de
>Compostela would like to announce the
>international conference “Violence in Golden Age
>Theatre”, that will take place in Stratford,
>Ontario (Canada) from the 26th to the 29th
>of  June 2008, coinciding with the world-wide
>premiere of Laurence Boswell’s version of Fuente Ovejuna.
>
>The conference will examine both the concepts
>and representations of the diverse forms of
>violence in the different dramatic genres of
>Hispanic Golden Age Theater. This examination
>will include different points of view (literary,
>historical, anthropological, religious,
>domestic, aesthetic and theatrical) in an
>attempt to bring about a multidisciplinary
>revision. Three plenary lectures, communication
>sessions and meetings of researchers, directors and actors will be organized.
>
>The organization of the Conference will run
>parallel to the Stratford Festival of Canada’s
>56th season
>(<http://www.stratfordfestival.ca/)>www.stratfordfestival.ca/),
>which on the 27th of June, will include the
>premiere of a production of Fuente Ovejuna by
>Lope de Vega, adapted and directed by Laurence
>Boswell. Moreover, during the four days of
>conference, the Stratford Festival of Canada
>will also be putting on other works that will be
>of great interest to lovers of the theatre
>(<http://www.stratfordfestival.ca/order/calendar.cfm>http://www.stratfordfestival.ca/order/calendar.cfm).
>
>In addition, the group Tarantella will offer the
>participants a concert of baroque music entiled
>"Arded, corazón, arded. Music in Lope's time" with lyrics by Lope de Vega.
>
>Papers in both Spanish and English dealing with
>any of the aspects of the topic of the
> [...]

Prof. A. Robert Lauer
The University of Oklahoma
Dept. of Modern Langs.,  Lits., & Ling.
780 Van Vleet Oval, Kaufman Hall, Room 206
Norman, Oklahoma 73019-2032, USA
Tel.: 405/325-5845 (office); 405/325-6181 (OU
dept.); Fax: 405/325-0103 (OU dept.)
Vision: Harmonious collaboration in an international world.
Mission: "Visualize clearly and communicate promptly"
<http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/L/A-Robert.R.Lauer-1/vita.html>VITA
/ <http://www.peterlang.com/all/>IBÉRICA /
<http://www.ou.edu/bcom/>BCom /
<http://www.ou.edu/cervantes/coloquiocervantes.html>Coloquio