TEATRO-L Archives

COLOQUIO: TEATRO DE LOS SIGLOS DE ORO

TEATRO-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
"A. Robert Lauer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
A. Robert Lauer
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2008 15:08:44 -0500

>From: "Chad M. Gasta" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 14:40:32 -0500
>Subject: Festschrift in honor of Robert L. Fiore
>
>Dear Colleague and Friend,
>
>On the eve of Professor Robert L. Fiore’s
>retirement from academia and to commemorate his
>many contributions to Hispanic studies, we are
>editing a collection of essays in his honor that
>will appear as a part of Juan de la Cuesta
>Hispanic Monographs’ well-known Homenajes
>series. The contributors are distinguished
>scholars from around the world. A list of the volume’s essays is below.
>
>We write to invite you to add your name to the
>volume’s Tabula Gratulatoria.  For $28, your
>name will appear on the list, and you will
>receive a hardcover copy of the volume.  To join
>the Tabula honoring Bob, please send a check
>made out to Juan de la Cuesta Hispanic
>Monographs for $28.00 before November 15,
>2008.  Please also include the exact way you
>would like your name to appear in the Tabula.
>Send your check and information to:
>
>Chad M. Gasta
>Department of World Languages and Cultures
>Iowa State University
>3102 Pearson Hall
>Ames, IA 50011
>
>Please pass this announcement along to anyone
>who may be interested.  We hope you will join us
>in this project to honor Bob, whose scholarship
>and friendship have had such a profound impact on so many of us.
>
>Best Wishes,
>Julia Domínguez
>Chad M. Gasta
>
>Table of Contents
>
>Introduction: Robert L. Fiore
>Chad M. Gasta
>Julia Domínguez
>
>1. William R. Blue
>Pennsylvania State University
>“Ya amor es mercader:” Deceit, Counterfeiting,
>Love and Money in Don Gil de las calzas verdes
>
>2. Danny Brunette-López
>University of South Dakota
>Entropic Humor and the Subversion of the
>“Ordered System:” Anticlericalism and Skepticism in Lazarillo de Tormes
>
>3. Lourdes Bueno
>Austin College
>La simbología in bono del águila en La pícara Justina
>
>4. Antonio Carreño
>Brown University
>Las picardía de un secretario: Lope de Vega
>
>5. Frank P. Casa
>The University of Michigan
>Power, Passion and Duty in Moreto’s Primero es la honra
>
>6. Fredrick A. De Armas
>University of Chicago
> From Goa to Lisboa:  Imperial, Erotic and
> Hagiographic Storms in Tirso’s Escarmientos para el cuerdo
>
>7. Manuel Delgado Morales
>Bucknell University
>Delincuencia, carnaval y comedia en Bajarse al moro
>
>8. Julia Domínguez
>Iowa State University
>Cuando la picaresca determinó pasarse a Indias: el caso de Mi tío Atahualpa
>
>9. Deborah A. Dougherty
> [...]

Prof. A. Robert Lauer
The University of Oklahoma
Dept. of Modern Langs.,  Lits., & Ling.
780 Van Vleet Oval, Kaufman Hall, Room 206
Norman, Oklahoma 73019-2032, USA
Tel.: 405/325-5845 (office); 405/325-6181 (OU
dept.); Fax: 405/325-0103 (office)
Vision: Harmonious collaboration in an international world.
Mission: "Visualize clearly and communicate promptly"
<http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/L/A-Robert.R.Lauer-1/vita.html>VITA
/ <http://www.peterlang.com/all/>IBÉRICA /
<http://www.ou.edu/bcom/>BCom /
<http://www.ou.edu/cervantes/coloquiocervantes.html>Coloquio