From:
Tanya Notley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tanya Notley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jul 2009 18:08:19 +1000
**Please note while the candidate would ideally be UK based this is not essential for the right candidate.

Vacancy

Tactical Tech is looking to recruit a part-time/full-time intern by end July 2009. We are looking for a minimum of 2 working days a week (8 hours a day). This is a paid position and could be made full time depending on the candidate.

Job Description and Person Specification:

We are looking for a person with excellent writing and communication skills to provide support to our newly released toolkits http://www.tacticaltech.org/node/466. We specifically require him/her to develop creative ways to carry out evaluation and collect stories of how rights advocates are using these tools and tactics. She/he will also be expected to promote contents of the toolkit on blogs and websites.

The intern should meet the following person specifications:

    * A good post graduate degree, preferably in Social Sciences (or equivalent experience)
    * A demonstrable passion for, and continuing interest in human rights issues
    * A good understanding of social media and experience in using social media for promotion and/or advocacy.
    * Experience of living in, working in, or visiting developing countries
    * Self-starter, and flexible multi-tasker with good time management skills - able to take on a variety of deadline-driven tasks with limited supervision
    * Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and making presentations.
    * Basic statistical and data analysis skills (ideal)
    * Creative thinker and problem solver

If you are interested in this position, please email your CV along with a cover letter stating why this position is of interest to you and how you can contribute to the organisation. Please send these by the 17th of July 2009 to jobs AT tacticaltech DOT org. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us. Only short listed candidates will be notified.