From:
Dorothy Kidd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dorothy Kidd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:23:54 -0700
Gabi et al:
I strongly support the idea of holding an Our Media event in India, as there is a lot of activity, resources, and people in several centres there,  an opportunity to hear and see projects in action, and as importantly, some good discussion/analysis/critique already going on from another region that has not been well represented in the network so far...

However, I don't think that should preclude organizing other smaller events elsewhere. Sorry to repeat, (perhaps it's the problem with the lists) but as I discussed last week, I think Our media is already an inter-regional, international network, and should try and optimize all the connections we have, everywhere.  Just from the excellent suggestions in the last week on these list(s),  there could be (smaller?) events in Taiwan, Korea, the ICA in New  York, next year at WSIS and at the ongoing social forums. I'd certainly support holding a larger conference every two years, and in the interim, using the opportunity
 of all these events to further our goals of connecting alternative/community-based practitioners, researchers and advocates.

Dorothy Kidd.

Dept. of Media Studies,
University of San Francisco.
2130 Fulton St.