CASONLINE-L Archives

CASOnline

CASONLINE-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
"Gibbs, Laura K." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gibbs, Laura K.
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 2006 18:48:04 -0500
hi everybody, now that we are 3 weeks into the semester, I thought I
would share a quick update about the blogging experiment I tried this
semester. thanks to the INCREDIBLY simple Bloglines blogging service,
this experiment has turned out to be extremely successful, far more than
I had even hoped for.

  --- students find it much easier to blog than to use the Desire2Learn
discussion board (in particular, they are finding it much easier to
include images, which was one of my main goals in switching to blogs)

  --- students are EXCITED about blogging (several of them have created
a separate blog for their own personal use, or to use for the other
activities they are involved in, for example:
http://juddintraining.blogspot.com/)

  --- I can share student work by linking to it in class announcements,
emails, etc. (Desire2Learn discussion board posts are not linkable)

if you are interested, I've published a brief comparison of Bloglines
and Blogger.com here:
http://www.bloglines.com/blog/OnlineCourseLady?id=27

and if you would like to see what some of the student blogs look like
three weeks into the semester, here are some typical examples:
http://www.bloglines.com/blog/abevins
http://www.bloglines.com/blog/andreajae
http://www.bloglines.com/blog/katiemoon
http://www.bloglines.com/blog/stevenbattles

if you are interested in trying a blogging experiment yourself, I've got
detailed instructions for both Bloglines and Blogger at my support
website: http://www.bestmoodle.net/ks/

I hope everybody is having a great semester! GO SOONERS!

Laura