CASONLINE-L Archives

CASOnline

CASONLINE-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
"Gibbs, Laura K." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gibbs, Laura K.
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:11:23 -0600
hi folks, here's what's on the agenda for today: it should be fun!

we'll follow up on the discussion about Blackboard quizzes from last
week (here are the notes I had put up about that:
http://www.mythfolklore.net/3043mythfolklore/about/tools/blackboardquizh
andout.htm), and then move on to some other kinds of quiz and game
possibilities:

QUIA: overview of all the QUIA activities and quiz options, linking to
QUIA activities, copying and modifying existing QUIA materials
http://quia.com

Hot Potatoes: free software from the folks at Univ. of Victoria for
creating online jumbles, crossword puzzles, Cloze (gap-fill),
multiple-choice, and short-answer activities online.
http://web.uvic.ca/hrd/halfbaked/

Quandary: from the same folks who built Hot Potatoes comes Quandary,
which can be used to create "branching" game scenarios Ceck out the Evil
Landlady to see how this software works:
http://www.english-zone.com/convo/llady/llady01.htm

Java scripts: these are free scripts available online that you can
easily add to webpages giving all kinds of dynamic options. the "Let the
Fates decide!" option in my reading pages is a Java script. for a
sample, look here:
http://www.mythfolklore.net/3043mythfolklore/weeks/week09/index.htm

I've got notes about most of these materials up at the Teacher Guide for
MythFolklore already
(http://www.mythfolklore.net/3043mythfolklore/about/index.htm#index),
but I'll do up a handout also which I'll circulate later.

thanks everybody,

Laura