CASONLINE-L Archives

CASOnline

CASONLINE-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
"Gibbs, Laura K." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gibbs, Laura K.
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 10:58:06 -0500
hi folks, I don't know how many of you are using blogs and/or RSS
readers for your online classes, but Bloglines.com (free web-based
service) has done a great job the past few months of integrating their
RSS reader and a simple blogging feature, so I've decided to use it for
my classes in the Fall and am having students this spring test it out
for me, and I'll be doing a lot more testing and exploring on my own
this summer.

the most basic information and getting-started instructions are here, if
you are interested in learning more about this handy service:
http://www.bestmoodle.net/ks/projects/index.htm

also, in the world of blogging, there's a post at librarian.net which
also contains a list of Oklahoma-based library blogs (the post is
apropos of State bill HB 2158 re: denying state funding to libraries
that did not restrict access to sexually-explicit or gay-themed books to
adults only) - anyway, if you're interested in librarians who blog here
in Oklahoma, this is a nice list:
http://www.librarian.net/stax/1717

happy end-of-semester - it's coming soon!

Laura