CASONLINE-L Archives

CASOnline

CASONLINE-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
"Gibbs, Laura K." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gibbs, Laura K.
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:06:45 -0600
hello everybody, this is just a reminder email going out to the folks on the CASOnline list that we will be getting together on Thursday at 3:30 in 220 Ellison Hall --

PART I: for the first part of the meeting, Beth McCoy from College of Arts & Sciences IT will come talk with us about software support and development, picking up on some of the possibilities that Karen had mentioned last week. one of the big decisions with any kind of content development, especially multimedia, is the time involved, and Beth should be able to help us have a good, realistic discussion about that.

PART II: then for the second part of the session I'll do a walkthrough of my course like what Rob did last week - although you are absolutely free to just browse around since it is all available on the internet here: http://www.mythfolklore.net/3043mythfolklore/ - and if you would like a "dummy" student login to my EZBoard Discussion Board or to my Blackboard course site, just let me know. what I will focus on tomorrow is GRADING - I have radically changed my grading from what I used to do in the classroom because of the very different circumstances of an online course, and it is an aspect of the course that I am really happy with, and also something that would have applicability in a wide variety of courses, regardless of content.

BLOG: and of course please bring any other questions you have to the table! or you can join the group blog and put up a question at the blog - I'll guarantee you will get an answer there (I am so into blogging these days!). you can view the blog here, where Karen and Kerry and Rob and I have recently exchanged some good idea about browsers, among other things:
http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/G/Laura.K.Gibbs-1/ouonline/index.html
(if you have joined and want your webpage/email linked in the list the right hand side, tell me what you want listed and I'll take care of that)

BLOG INVITES: if you want to post a question or comment at the blog, you need to join (the folks listed on the right are the ones who have accepted the invitation to join) - I think you all received invitations, but if I should send you another one, that's easy - just let me know.

STAY WARM

Laura