CASONLINE-L Archives

CASOnline

CASONLINE-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
"Gibbs, Laura K." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gibbs, Laura K.
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:31:57 -0500
hi everybody, thanks for the nice lunch mtg. at Pepe's today!

we've been trading links afterwards re: a great story that James shared
with us - you can read about the "hole in the wall" computer here online
http://www.greenstar.org/butterflies/Hole-in-the-Wall.htm

and you can watch the video at the Frontline website:
http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/stories/india/thestory.html

lots of people are out of town July 7, so we'll be skipping that week,
and picking up again on July 14. Kerry had suggested that we do a
"favorite online resources" show and tell - and I think that would be
great, since it's quite possible we would be sharing some sites that are
directly relevant to folks in the same or related discplines... but it
is also really useful just to see what different KINDS of sites out
there, what sorts of materials and experiences you can find online these
days - even if the content itself is not directly relevant to your
teaching, I think we can learn a lot from watching the really creative
ways that people are shaping the internet for educational purposes.

would folks be amenable to "online resources show and tell" on July 14?
if you want to send favorite links to me, I'll be glad to put them
together in a big list for us to all share.

are there other topics people have in mind that would be helpful to
cover this summer, esp. when August begins to loom???

happy travels to everybody who is headed out of town!

Laura