CASONLINE-L Archives

CASOnline

CASONLINE-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
"Gibbs, Laura K." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gibbs, Laura K.
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 2004 10:01:28 -0600
hi folks, I'm not sure what people would like to go over this coming
week on Thursday, but since we actually spent most of last week talking
about Blackboard quizzes, without going into a lot of detail about QUIA
and other types of quiz and activity possibilities, maybe we could
continue on with that on Thursday? let me know if that would be good, or
if you would like to propose some other topic -

here is what I was thinking:

QUIA: detailed overview of all the QUIA activities and quiz options,
linking to QUIA activities, copying and modifying existing QUIA
materials
http://quia.com

Hot Potatoes: free software from the folks at Univ. of Victoria for
creating online jumbles, crossword puzzles, Cloze (gap-fill),
multiple-choice, and short-answer activities online. (Markin, the
writing critique product Karen mentioned last week, is written by one of
the Hot Potatoes developers.)
http://web.uvic.ca/hrd/halfbaked/

Quandary: from the same folks who built Hot Potatoes comes Quandary,
which can be used to create "branching" game scenarios Ceck out the Evil
Landlady to see how this software works:
http://www.english-zone.com/convo/llady/llady01.htm

Java scripts: these are free scripts available online that you can
easily add to webpages giving all kinds of dynamic options. the "Let the
Fates decide!" option in my reading pages is a Java script. for a
sample, look here:
http://www.mythfolklore.net/3043mythfolklore/weeks/week09/index.htm

I think that would give us more than enough to talk about on Thursday,
but if people would prefer some other topic, send a note around to the
list - I'm sending this email out well in advance so that we can have
plenty of time to figure out online what topic would best suit people's
needs... and the week after is SPRING BREAK...!

thanks everybody,

Laura