CASONLINE-L Archives

CASOnline

CASONLINE-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
"Gibbs, Laura K." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gibbs, Laura K.
Date:
Mon, 17 May 2004 16:13:20 -0500
hi everybody, this is just a reminder about our WEDNESDAY MEETING AT 11
AM in the Ellison Hall conference room (just at the top of the stairs,
for those of you who have not been before).

Karen is going to explain to us her strategy for revamping (majorly
revamping!) the Online Orientation for the Fall 2004 courses, and your
input would be really helpful with that.

I'll go through the different sections of the draft materials at the
Online Resource Center and get people's feedback and priorities for how
to develop this in time to have a version up and running in the fall.
current draft is here:
http://casweb.ou.edu/olr/

it would be great if people could bring their suggestions for:
-- specific topics to cover this summer
-- hands-on workshops you would like to have over in the SLIS lab

I would be curious to know if people are interested in doing some
reading over the summer, since there is definitely some excellent
reading material out there. two recent examples come to mind:
http://www.sloan-c.org/publications/jaln/v8n2/v8n2_keeton.asp
http://cde.athabascau.ca/online_book/contents.html
also, the entire text of Cluetrain Manifesto is now available online:
http://www.cluetrain.com/book/index.html
(some of you have surely heard me rave about this book; I swear by
it...even though it is now, gasp, 5 years old)

if people are interested in some substantive reading for the summer, let
me know, and I'll draw up a longer list of materials that are available
online for us to choose from, or materials we could xerox and
distribute.

if you are not going to be there on Wednesday but have comments to share
about these topics, please feel free to write me directly or send your
comments around to the list -

thanks everybody!

Laura