CASONLINE-L Archives

CASOnline

CASONLINE-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
"Gibbs, Laura K." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gibbs, Laura K.
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:07:17 -0600
hi folks, since I have not been able to attend the last couple of
meetings, I haven't heen in on the discussions of what you would like to
cover on Thursday. here's what I had in mind - let me know if you would
like to see anything else related to this general topic.

REASONS for using interactive online exercises in your online courses

STRATEGIES for spending minimal time creating while prompting maximum
student effort - focus on:
-- file text upload
-- repurposing of materials
-- attractive interface

demo of QUIA: online flashcards, games, and quizzes
(some new features at QUIA include some materials repurposing, plus text
file upload - at last!)

demo of FLASHCARD EXCHANGE ONLINE: "Home to 1,323,907 flashcards"
(a full-featured flashcard management system, with file text upload)

demo of HOT POTATOES: free software you can use to build webpages with
quizzes and other games
(this has great features for incorporating audio prompts, but
unfortunately no file text upload features)

demo of QUANDARY: free software you can use to build branching games
(this is what we used to build the online learning assessment at the
Online Learning Resource Center)

demo of RESPONDUS STUDYMATE: inexpensive software you can use to build
Flash-based activites to add to your webpages
(excellent file upload and repurposing of materials for multiple
purposes, including a Glossary feature)

demo of JAVASCRIPTS: finding javascripts and adding them to your
webpages
-- demo of webpage with javascript flashcards (3- and 4-sided
flashcards)
-- demo of webpage with javascript quiz
-- demo of webpage with javascript "dice"