CASONLINE-L Archives

CASOnline

CASONLINE-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
"Gibbs, Laura K." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gibbs, Laura K.
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:14:17 -0500
hi everybody, I'll be seeing some of you later today for our "everything
you wanted to know about email" workshop that will be in the SLIS
COMPUTER LAB (BIZZELL).

meanwhile, I'd like to ask your help with the draft materials for
students and instructors that will be available this fall at the Online
Learning Resource Center. here's what we have so far (all DRAFTS, which
would greatly benefit from your input!):

Students: http://casweb.ou.edu/olr/technology/email/s_index.htm
Glossary: http://casweb.ou.edu/olr/technology/email/s_glossary.htm
OU Email: http://casweb.ou.edu/olr/technology/email/s_email.htm
Managing Email:
http://casweb.ou.edu/olr/technology/email/s_managemail.htm
Email Viruses: http://casweb.ou.edu/olr/technology/email/s_virus.htm

Instructors: http://casweb.ou.edu/olr/technology/email/i_index.htm
Exchange Email: http://casweb.ou.edu/olr/technology/email/i_exchange.htm
Course Email: http://casweb.ou.edu/olr/technology/email/i_coursemail.htm

in particular, at this moment the Glossary does not have definitions yet
(it will soon) - if you can think of ANY other email mumbo-jumbo
terminology that needs to be included here, let me know.

also, please think about what you would like to cover next week - agenda
is open. one possibility is to do show-and-tell, both for folks who are
developing materials for Fall and those folks who are actually teaching
online right now this summer. what works? what doesn't? what problems do
you still need to solve? I know I really enjoy hearing about what other
people are doing/planning for their classes. would next week be a good
time to share course materials in progress?

also, Karen is working with Debra Engel from the Library to come make a
presentation in July for us about online library resources; if you have
ideas about other folks you'd like to bring in, that would be great.

thanks,

Laura