CERVANTES-L Archives

Coloquio Cervantes

CERVANTES-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
"A. Robert Lauer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
A. Robert Lauer
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2008 13:23:38 -0500

>From: Tom Lathrop <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Lauer, A Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 12:48:29 -0500
>Subject: Cervantes Society Bulletin 28.1
>x-originalarrivaltime: 10 Jul 2008 17:48:33.0351 (UTC)
>  FILETIME=[2BE5FD70:01C8E2B5]
>x-originating-ip: [96.245.69.231]
>x-originating-email: [[log in to unmask]]
>seal-send-time: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 13:48:30 -0400
>
>Dear Robert,
>
>Would you send the notice below to everyone on
>your list? I'd greatly appreciate it. Hey, you're not on the list!
>
>Cordially and with thanks,
>
>Tom
>
>The Spring number of volume 28 of the Cervantes
>Society Bulletin was sent to active members
>about a week ago.  If you are an acitive member,
>dues paid through 2008, you should have it, or
>should get it soon. I enclose--under the Table
>of Contents--a list of active members, so you
>can check to see if you are up-to-date. If you
>need to re-up, be advised that we have a new
>Tresaurer (Carolyn Nadeau; Buck 015; Illinois
>Wesleyan University; Bloomington, Illinois
>61701). Subscription rates have been raised a
>bit to $25.00. Checks should be made out to
>Cervantes Society of America. We will send the
>current number to those who re-up.
>
>This is the first time color has been used in
>the interior of the Bulletin--screen prints to
>show how to use Joan Torruella's CD of the
>Quijote. Lots of useful, interesting stuff in this number!
>
>Table of Contents, Spring 2008
>
>El Quijote, al miscoscopio -- Joan Torruella
>
>«Cuenta del original» y remedios de cajista en
>la princeps del primer Quijote -- Florencio Sevilla Arroyo
>
>To See What Men Cannot: Teichoskopia in Don
>Quijote I -- Frederick A. De Armas
>
>Ut pictura non poesis. Los trabajos de Persiles
>y Sigismunda and the Construction of Memory -- Ignacio Lopez Alemany
>
>De los osos seas comido: Sancho Panza as
>Intruder in the Discourse of the Hunt -- Michael Hammer
>
>Ínsula de buen gobierno: el palimpsesto
>guevariano en "Las Constituciones del gran
>gobernador Sancho Panza" -- Horacio Chiong Rivero
>
>Notes on the Æthiopica, the Lives of Homer,  and
>the Name "Don Quixote de la Mancha" -- Eric Mayer
>
>Review Article
>
>A Fascinating, though Flawed, Cultural Journey
>through Quijote II -- Mary L. Cozad
>
>Reviews
>
>Louise Ciallella. Quixotic Modernists: Reading
>Gender in Tristana, Trigo, and Martínez Sierra.  -- Edward H. Friedman
>
>Stanislav Zimic. Cuentos y episodios del
>Persiles. De la isla bárbara a una apoteosis del
>amor humano. -- Isabel Lozano-Renieblas
>
>Cervantes, Miguel de. Don Quijote de la Mancha. -- Howard Mancing
>
>Francisco Rico.El texto del
>"Quijote":  Preliminares a una ecdótica del Siglo de Oro. -- Howard Mancing
>
>John Beusterien. An Eye on Race. Perspectives
>from Theater in Imperial Spain. -- Susan Paun de García
>
>José Ángel Ascunce Arrieta. El Quijote como
>tragedia y la tragedia de don Quijote. -- Shannon M. Polchow

> [...]

Prof. A. Robert Lauer
The University of Oklahoma
Dept. of Modern Langs.,  Lits., & Ling.
780 Van Vleet Oval, Kaufman Hall, Room 206
Norman, Oklahoma 73019-2032, USA
Tel.: 405/325-5845 (office); 405/325-6181 (OU
dept.); Fax: 405/325-0103 (OU dept.)
Vision: Harmonious collaboration in an international world.
Mission: "Visualize clearly and communicate promptly"
<http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/L/A-Robert.R.Lauer-1/vita.html>VITA
/ <http://www.peterlang.com/all/>IBÉRICA /
<http://www.ou.edu/bcom/>BCom /
<http://www.ou.edu/cervantes/coloquiocervantes.html>Coloquio