OMRF-ISG Archives

OMRF's Information Support Group

omrf-isg@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

From:
Todd Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
OMRF's Information Support Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 22:52:29 -0500
very cool Jerrod, I've got the Hauppauge but Dishnetwork instead of
DirecTV - d'oh!

Brad what I do with good ol' dishnetwork is separately program the dish
receiver to switch
to the right channel at the right time, run a direct cable from
receiver (it has 2 sets of outputs)
to computer, and then separately set timer on computer app.  Recently I
got VNC going and
router table settings so that I can "channel" the PC from home to
record something, but I can't
seem to get the telepathy thing going to control the Dish channels on
the receiver...