OMRF-ISG Archives

OMRF's Information Support Group

omrf-isg@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

From:
Yasvir Tesiram <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
OMRF's Information Support Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 08:59:52 -0600
Hi danny,
Yes. Brad and Jon did the polite work for us with OU IT. You should
find that everything you need except for sendmail should be up and
open. But I think you need to send details of the machines you want
open to the outside world to Brad and Jon. After having port 6000
allowed access for X11 traffic I have been happily working as I was
prior to the lockdown.
I don't use VPN but I do log in  from outside via ssh to both a Linux
and Mac machines. No problems there.

Cheers
Yas

On Jan 7, 2004, at 8:55 AM, Danny G Smith wrote:

> I took a couple of weeks off and got back and all of the ports were
> blocked.  I am curious,  has any department been able to get ports
> reopened, i.e. sendmail, http, ssh, etc.   Has anyone tried setting up
> vpn connection from offcampus thru linux or mac to omrf, are the
> technologies compatable?
>
> --
> thanks,
> Danny G Smith

> Crystallography Core Computer Manager / Sr UNIX Sys Adm
> Crystallography Dept Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation
> phone(405)271-8954   fax(405)271-7953   dept(405)271-1672
> UNIX air conditioned environment, keep the windows closed

Yasvir Tesiram
PostDoctoral Fellow
Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation
Dept. Free Radical Biology and Ageing