OSCER-USERS-L Archives

OSCER users

OSCER-USERS-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
"Neeman, Henry J." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Neeman, Henry J.
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2024 16:57:48 +0000

OSCER users,

OSCER will hold a scheduled maintenance outage Wed Feb 28 8am-midnight.

Systems affected: supercomputer, OURdisk, OURcloud, OURRstore tape archive.

The OSCER team will perform the following maintenance items (time permitting),
in the following priority order:

(1) Shift to a new user database instance.

(2) Update Linux on OURdisk.

(3) Decommission our one older OURdisk monitor node (we have
5 newer monitor nodes, which are already in production alongside
the one older one, and the recommendation is to have either 3 or 5).

(4) Time permitting, upgrade one of the condominium compute nodes to
25GE (from its current 10GE).

(5) Time permitting, reconfigure the routing of the supercomputer's
Infiniband-to-Ethernet gateway appliances, and shift onto these
IB-to-Ethernet gateway appliances the network traffic of
(i) one compute node (for testing) and (ii) one of our scratch subsystems.

(6) Time permitting, shift all nodes to the IB-to-Eth gateway appliances.

We apologize for the inconvenience -- as always, our goal is to make
OSCER resources even better!

---

Henry Neeman ([log in to unmask])
Director, OU Supercomputing Center for Education & Research (OSCER)
Associate Professor, Gallogly College of Engineering
Adjunct Associate Professor, School of Computer Science
OU Information Technology
The University of Oklahoma

Engineering Lab 212, 200 Felgar St, Norman OK 73019
405-325-5386 (office), 405-325-5486 (fax), 405-245-3823 (cell),
[log in to unmask] (to email me a text message)
http://www.oscer.ou.edu/