From:
martha wallner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
martha wallner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2011 12:17:02 -0700
Greetings !

The  <http://papertiger.org/> Paper Tiger TV <http://papertiger.org/>
<http://papertiger.org/> Collective  <http://papertiger.org/>  is
celebrating its 30th anniversary over the coming months with several
soon-to-be-announced workshops and events.

In preparation, we're inviting YOU to take a TIGER SURVEY
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFc2ZGdsbnhqV19laEVSWV
9PSE95akE6MQ>  ­
Put this in your browser if you have trouble with the link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFc2ZGdsbnhqV19laEVSWV9
PSE95akE6MQ

Your responses will help us shape our birthday celebration activities & we
might quote you in the ZINE we're cooking up.
We're exploring various themes including: Radical media, collective media
practices, media justice & approaches to media literacy.

If you are interested in contributing to the ZINE please let me know ASAP.
Seeking:
> * New and/or reprinted articles on radical media practice, media literacy,
> Paper Tiger, collectives
> * Interviews / profiles of contemporary practitioners & projects
> * Profiles / interviews of people / projects that were active in 80's-00
> * Recipes for radical media intervention
> * Lesson plans for teaching radical media (theory &/or practice) + media
> literacy
> * Case studies of media collectives' &  other projects
> * Images, drawings, flyers, posters
> * Valentines to Paper Tiger
> * Stencils, tatoo designs
> * Tributes to radical media pioneers
> * Your idea HERE
By the way, did you know that the term RADICAL MEDIA has been trademarked by
a commercial advertising company?
This would be laughable except for the fact that they've bullied some
conference organizers in the UK into changing the name
of their conference. You can read the Cease & Desist Order here
<http://tinyurl.com/6znrku2>

As Tigers we are not amused. Your responses will help us push back!

Roarrrrrrrr!

Martha Wallner ­ TIGERZine editor
P.S. Upcoming birthday events include a December launch of the Paper Tiger
TV archives at New York University Fales Library, screenings
at the Museum of Modern Art and two days of participatory panels and
workshops at the New School in February 2012. Stay tuned!