OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Audra Plummer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Audra Plummer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2018 21:14:13 +0000
(Sorry for the second send---Registration link modified)

Setting Our Sails on Success
How to Prepare for Upcoming Writing Assessments And Common Core Writing Standards
SaturdayJanuary 19, 2018
Focusing on 1st-5th Grade Classrooms

   - Sessions designed to help teachers prepare students for upcoming writing assessments.
   - OWP Teacher Consultants will deconstruct the 5   thGrade Writing Rubric during first session at all grade levels and review state test student examples.
   - OWP Teacher Consultants will provide authentic student samples to allow participants to use rubrics and demonstrate how rubrics guide instruction.
   - 1   st-5   thgrade teachers will be exposed to appropriate grade level writing activities that are aligned Oklahoma Academic Standards
   - Presentations will include practical, developmentally appropriate ideas to build writing skills and literacy while transitioning to Common Core Standards in the elementary classroom.
   - Participants will learn the writing process and other helpful classroom strategies.
   - Participants will be actively involved and leave with lessons that can be immediately implemented.

SaturdayJanuary 19, 2019Noble Public Schools Pioneer Intermediate School   611 East Ash Street, Noble OK 73068.Noble, Oklahoma 8:45-11:45 am

Registration Fee: $50*

**Early Bird Special $40 if registered by January 11, 2019

College Students/Interns: $10Administrators: One Administrator may attend for free with 3 site staff member registrations
Schedule:8:30-9:00 Registration9:00-10:15 Session 110:15-10:30 Break10:30-11:45 Session 2

Sessions will focus on elementary classrooms 1st-5thGradeConference will need at least 15 registered to hold conference   Register online at:

|    |
Setting Our Sales on Success
 Setting Our Sails on Success: How to prepare for upcoming writing assessments and implementing Oklahoma Academic...  |  |

  Questions Contact: Audra Plummer [log in to unmask]

Quotes from teachers previously:“OWP Sessions help me know how to prepare my students.” “This was the most helpful workshop I attended to know WHAT to do to prepare my students.”“I was so thankful I came to this conference.  WOW! I understand what I need to start implementing.”After seeing her class’s state writing scores, a teacher emailed, “I received the highest scores at my school and I know it is because I came to this conference.Audra Plummer  M. Ed.Co-Director of InserviceOklahoma Writing ProjectUniversity of OklahomaJeannine Rainbolt College of Education338 Cate Center Drive, Room 190Norman, Oklahoma 73019Phone: 405-310-8966
OWP Office Phone: 405-325-3752FAX: 405-325-7841http://owp.ou.edu

Teachers Teaching Teachers