PWA-L Archives

PWA Inside Talk

pwa-l@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Deborah Chester <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Open discussions on the writer's craft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 12:44:36 -0500
Hey, folks --
The enthusiasm for this is terrific.  I will be checking around to get permission for a central drop off point for the college in general.  Those of you who know where my office is might want to drop books off there in the meantime.  A donation of a box  would also be helpful.  We need someone to design and make an announcement flyer or poster and probably there's a bulletin board in one of the hallways where we can post them.  Too bad we can't stick them up everywhere in Gaylord Hall, but that's verboten.

Big point to consider:  how do we pay for shipping these donations to Houston's Borders store?  Could someone check with the Norman Borders to see if they're also collecting books or would consider shipping them for us?  Perhaps the JayMac alumni would consider donating shipping costs for what we gather.  We might get that detail lined out before we go campus wide with solicitations.  Or even before we ask the folks here in the college.  And do we want to meet to discuss any details?

I've already got a stack of books to donate, but I hope to gather more over the weekend.  Woo-hoo!  Cleaning off the shelves means more room for new books to acquire.  Or maybe I can finally get some stacks of books off the floor.

Deborah Chester
Professor
Professional Writing
Gaylord College of Journalism & Mass Communication
University of Oklahoma
Norman, OK  73019-2051
Ph: (405) 325-4192