SCCPLA Archives

SCCPLA - SCC Planning Committee

sccpla@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

From:
Martha Bedard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
SCCPLA - SCC Planning Committee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2006 16:41:32 -0600
Dear Dr. Fiechtner,
I write to invite you to consider speaking at the Medical Library
Association/South Central Chapter (SCC) annual meeting, which is being
held for the first time ever in College Station from Oct. 21-23 2006.
The TAMU Medical Sciences Library is hosting the local arrangements for
this event, and would very much like to highlight our distinguished
local talent!  Your work on organizational theory, communication, group
dynamics and motivation is highly regarded and very applicable to the
members of our service-oriented profession, and our conference theme
"Marooned in College Station: How to Get There From Here?   I hope you
will consider this request.  We can be somewhat flexible with the
dates/times within the conference schedule, our preference being that
you serve as our keynote speaker, leading off the annual meeting on
Saturday afternoon, Oct. 21.

This association's membership includes health information professionals
across a five state region encompassing Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, New
Mexico and Louisianna.  Our meetings typically draw between 200-300
members and affiliates. Information about us can be found at
http://www.sccmla.org/index.html.  I know you will find us an
engaging group who will particularly enjoy the wit and humor you bring
to your presentations.  Librarians are lots of fun!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Martha Bedard
Chair, SCC Planning Committee

Martha Bedard
Professor
Associate Dean, Advanced Studies
Associate Dean and Director, Medical Sciences Library
Texas A&M University Libraries, College Station, TX
979-845-8111