From:
"E. K. Daufin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
E. K. Daufin
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2007 17:10:56 -0500
Dear Colleagues -- If you use my "model" letter to work with Diana on
the Ethnic Newspapers project --- please remember to correct the
spelling out of the AEJMC title.  I left out the E&J parts!  Please
forgive me as I try to get some things done when I am too tired and
rushed to do them well!!

We sometimes have problems with our server rejecting incoming email. If
your reply to this email is returned to you, PLEASE call me at the
number below.   Apologies...We are working on it. Sincerely,

Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin, Professor
Department of Communications
Alabama State University
915 South Jackson St.
Montgomery, AL 36101-0271
334.229.6885
Thank you in advance for your
Scholarly & Creative Activity Referrals -
Lectures, Performances, Workshops, Consultation Related Info:
http://home.earthlink.net/~ekdaufin/

> Send Dr. Rios copies of your local ethnic papers please.  I have
somehow
> deleted the message she sent me under the suffocatingly small new
> university email box size restrictions but I used her message to pen
> this letter to our local ethnic newspaper (You can look under
> "newspapers" in your local telephone book to see if any are listed in
> your area if you don't already have a personal contact).  If enough of
> us contribute to the exhibit in this manner, MAC will co-sponsor so
get
> those papers folks and send them to Dr. Diana Rios as soon as you can.
> Feel free to use my letter below as a template.  Peace, E-K.

> Editor/Publisher
>
> The Montgomery Tuskegee Times
>
> 525 Augusta Ave
>
> Montgomery, AL 361
>
> 334-280-2444
>

> Dear Editor/Publisher:
>

> Would you please send me a couple of what you think are your most
> important and/or visually interesting issues of your paper?  I would
> like to submit them for an Ethnic American Press Exhibit at the
> University of Connecticut as an Alabama representative alternative
> paper.  Also if you have any materials you have used in the past to
> summarize your paper's history and significance to the community I
would
> appreciate a copy of those to submit also.
>

> The Minorities And Communication Division of the Association for
Education in
Journalism & Mass Communication would be co-sponsoring
> the exhibit as an out-of-convention professional freedom and
> responsibility event.  Leading the project is Dr. Diana I. Rios,
>
> Associate Prof. of Communication Sciences and Institute for PRLS
>
> Dept. Communication Sciences, (U-1085) University of Connecticut in
> Storrs (860-486-3187, [log in to unmask]).
>

> The exhibition project: "Ethnic American Press: Cultural Maintenance
and
> Assimilation Roles," already has been accepted at the Dodd Center at
the
> University of Connecticut. The exhibit features selected archive and
> contemporary alternative US newspapers. This has been slated for the
> Dodd Research Center main gallery at UConn starting March 2008. This
> will run a few months and will be publicized by the hosting
university.

> Sincerely,
>

> Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin, Professor

> We sometimes have problems with our server rejecting incoming email.
If
> your reply to this email is returned to you, PLEASE call me at the
> number below.   Apologies...We are working on it. Sincerely,
>

> Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin, Professor
>
> Department of Communications
>
> Alabama State University
>
> 915 South Jackson St.
>
> Montgomery, AL 36101-0271
>
> 334.229.6885
>
> Thank you in advance for your
>
> Scholarly & Creative Activity Referrals -
>
> Lectures, Performances, Workshops, Consultation Related Info:
> http://home.earthlink.net/~ekdaufin/
> <http://home.earthlink.net/~ekdaufin/>

Camilla Gant, Ph.D.
University of West Georgia