From:
Maria Santana <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Maria Santana <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 15:21:23 -0500
Hi friends,
MAC is putting together a terrific program for our national convention
in August. As Vice Head I am finalizing the panels and panelists. If
anyone is interested or can serve as a panelists on any of these areas,
please let me know.

1. Th. 8-4-2004 11:45 am
with Vis Com a panel on "Picturing Class: The Role of News Imagery in
Reinforcing or Challenging Perceptions of Social Class" James Rada from
Howard is confirmed.

2. Friday, 8-6-2004 at 6:45-8:15
with Vis Com a research panel on Visual Communication Research
Methods.This panel is to discuss ways of researching visual messages. It
seems like a good opportunity for us to talk about covering minorities
issues too!

Thanks,
MC

Dr. M.C. Santana
Associate Professor and
Journalism Division Head
Nicholson School of Communication
University of Central Florida
P. O. Box 161344
Orlando, FL 32816-1344
FAX (407) 823-6360 and
WORK (407) 823-2838
also
AEJMC- Minority and Communication Division Vice Head
NPPA- National Student Chapter Chair