From:
"Rivas-Rodriguez, Maggie" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rivas-Rodriguez, Maggie
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2009 14:34:24 -0600
Hi, all,
thanks, Felix, for sharing that with those of us who love to learn about the journalism history that isn't always in our history books.

Dr. Barrow was one of the great people who helped build AEJMC and make it a better organization -- I hope some of us are able to consider submitting a proposal for the 100th anniversary of AEJMC and include stories of the men and women who have shaped our organization. The call for proposals is at http://www.aejmc.org/_calls/aejhistory.php -- it could be a group of scholars and the end product could include a photo exhibit, a book/let, etc.  the dealine is May 20th, 2009. From the AEJ website: "The committee is open to ideas for the structure/content of the printed publication such as a co-authored or an edited volume. It is likely that other types of presentations may be created as a result of the 100-year history. These ideas may also be included in proposals. AEJMC will provide a $5,000 honoraria for the work on the history."
thanks,
Maggie

Maggie Rivas-Rodriguez, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Journalism
UT School of Journalism
1 University Station A1000
Austin, Tx. 78712
email: [log in to unmask]

Also, director, U.S. Latino & Latina WWII Oral History Project
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/ww2latinos/