From:
"E. K. Daufin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
E. K. Daufin
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2007 14:44:43 -0600
A new report, "Indicators of School Crime and Safety," was a couple of
weeks ago, the tenth in a series of annual publications produced jointly
by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) and the Bureau of
Justice Statistics in the U.S. Department of Justice. It provides the
most recent data available on school crime and student safety.

Though the (black) Jena 6 are threatened with the death penalty or life
imprisonment for beating up a white student as a result of a series of
racist events in town and in their school, it comes as no surprise to
most of us that Black and Latino students are the most likely to be the
victims of school violence.

I know at Fort Lewis College in Durango, CO the American Indian students
were used for a lot of bragging and grant money were also on an almost
weekly basis, subject to violence from white students on campus. At
least when I was there, American Indian students reported such to me.

Page Link:
http://diverseeducation.com/artman/publish/article_10336.shtml

We sometimes have problems with our server rejecting incoming email. If
your reply to this email is returned to you, PLEASE call me at the
number below.   Apologies...We are working on it. Sincerely,

Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin, Professor
Department of Communications
Alabama State University
915 South Jackson St.
Montgomery, AL 36101-0271
334.229.6885
Thank you in advance for your
Scholarly & Creative Activity Referrals -
Lectures, Performances, Workshops, Consultation Related Info:
http://home.earthlink.net/~ekdaufin/