From:
amohamed <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 21:28:44 -0500
George L. Daniels,

Congratulations on the successful defense of
your dissertation, "Uncovering Factors in Urban
High School Students' Media Career Considerations."
We hope you'll consider submitting a paper based on your
research to the MAC division for the Kansas City convention.
Hope to see you in K.C.
Also, many thanks to Lionel Barrow for his continued inspiration
of younger minority scholars.
Again, congratulations.
Ali.

>===== Original Message From George Daniels <[log in to unmask]> =====
>I wanted to thank the Minorities and Communication (MAC) Division, as a
contributor to the Lionel Barrow Minority Doctoral Scholarship, for its
continued support of my dissertation work.

>This week, I SUCCESSFULLY defended my dissertation, "Uncovering Factors in
Urban High School Students'  Media Career Considerations: A Media Career
Interest Model."

>I hope the findings from my study will make a great contribution to what we
know about students and their interests in becoming tomorrow's filmmakers,
journalists, web designers, etc.   One-third of my respondents were students
from racial minority groups.  Therefore, I think the research will be
especially interesting to those in the MAC Division.

>Thanks for investing in me and the future of our field.
>
>George L. Daniels
>2001 Barrow Scholarship Recipient
>
>P.S.  My apologies for any double-postings of this message (i.e. the CT&M
listserv)