From:
"Sernoe, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sernoe, Jim
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 14:10:32 -0500
Dr. Jim Sernoe
Chair, Mass Communication Department
Midwestern State University
"Too many freaks, not enough circuses."
* Anonymous

-----Original Message-----
From: Lloyd Goodman [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 9:58 AM
 Subject: Job opening: UTA magazine adviser (part-time)

TIPA Folks,
We are now accepting applications for the position of adviser to Renegade
magazine. It's a halftime, benefits-eligible position. I hope you'll help
spread the word about the opening.

I think it's a fun position. As you may know, Renegade is new and is still
finding its identity. But it is attracting a creative (if inexperienced)
staffs, is providing training for students interested in careers in magazine
journalism, and its first issue was named Best Magazine in a number of
contests. (I think we're onto something good here.) You can see selected
excerpts from the latest issue -- Renegade Vol. 2 No. 2 -- at
http://www.renegade-magazine.com.

UTA Human Resources today officially posted the position, which means we can
finally start accepting applications. The job description and other detailed
information about the position can be found at
http://www3.uta.edu/employment/  (Click on "Applicants," then "Staff
Employment Opportunities," then "Part Time" and "All Areas" to find the
information about this position.) Information about applying online also is
available at that homepage.

The fine print: Basic information -- application form, etc. -- must be filed
with Human Resources (not me). When you call up the information on this
position, you'll see some additional things that should be sent directly to
me. That's in addition to -- not instead of -- the materials that go to HR.

Bureaucracy aside, I think it's a great job. (If I had the time, I'd do it
myself.) Please help spread the word. Any questions can be directed to me.

Thanks.

Lloyd

Lloyd Goodman
Director of Student Publications
University of Texas at Arlington
Box 19038
Arlington, TX 76019

The Shorthorn: http://www.theshorthorn.com
Renegade magazine: http://www.renegade-magazine.com
Phone: 817.272.3661
Fax: 817.272.5009

"The seven last words of any organization:
But we've always done it that way."