From:
LILLIE FEARS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
LILLIE FEARS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 10:40:21 -0500
Hello Colleagues,

I wanted to give you a run-down on where we stand in terms of panels I've collected and will submit to AEJMC headquarters. Below is what I have so far.  Please let me know immediately if I have overlooked your submission.

AEJMC has requested that all panels be submitted as one document, which is why I have been waiting to make sure that I have everything.  So, if you still desire to submit something and do not see your contribution listed below, please inform me of your intentions and about when you plan to send the proposal to me. Deadline to send all proposals to headquarters is October 31. This means I need to know who still has an idea that they want to submit.  Again, below is what I have so far:

1.  The Color of Disaster:  Coverage of Hurricane Katrina-Its Meaning and Implications, submitted by Anita Fleming-Rife
2.  Doing Qualitative Historical Research 21st Century Style: It's More Than Just A Bunch of Old Newspapers, submitted by Cathy Jackson
3.  The Asian American Journalists Association, AAJA: The next 25 years, submitted by Joy Mapaye
4.  Ethnic Media Coverage of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita and Other Calamities, submitted by Federico Subervi
5.  Ethnic Media in America, submitted by Alice Tait
6.  Diversity in Public Relations: Implications of and Tensions in Practice, Teaching, and Research, submitted by Natalie Tindall and Jennifer Vardeman
7.  “Multicultural Journalism: Mainstream, Ethnic, and Diasporic Media in Market and Classroom,” submitted by Christopher Vaughann
8.  Applying Relationship Management to Health, submitted by Cynthia Frisby
9.  Immigrant Waves: Press Coverage of Latino and Asian Immigration, submitted by Diana Rios
10.  The Language of Diversity: How to effectively describe, report and analyze issues of difference,” submitted by Lillian Williams

Again, please let me know immediately if I have overlooked your proposal.  Also, if you plan to submit, let me know something by end of this week.  I'd like to forward our contributions to headquarters as soon as possible.

Thanks
Lillie M. Fears