From:
Meta Carstarphen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Meta Carstarphen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 21:20:21 -0500
Dear Colleagues:

Now that our summers are winding down, and the fall is approaching, I
wanted to make this plea because I need your help.  This year, I'm
serving as VP for the SW regional meeting of AEJMC schools, or the
Southwest Symposium.  Our meeting will take place in Little Rock, AR in
Nov. 19-20, and will coincide with the opening of the Clinton Library.
Our paper competition, which I'm heading, will have a special session
on "Clinton and the Media" as well as papers on a broad array of
topics, and with a broad range of methodologies.  Our postmark deadline
is August 15 and I need people, especially those who are outside of the
SW region, to serve as reviewers and referees.   There's good news and
good news with this assignment.  (1) I'll only send three papers, and
(2) you'll be done before the Fall semester gets roaring out of
control.  For more information about this meeting and our group, check
out our website at www.swecjmc.org

I'm looking for two types of volunteers.  One type would be individuals
willing to tackle three papers for me.  Simply tell me your subject and
topic preferences, and contact information and I'll make a match.

The second type would be those of you who are heads of units.  If you
have tenure-track  or other faculty in your area who could benefit from
this service opportunity, then simply tell me how many faculty members
you can commit.  I will then send you three papers per faculty person,
which can be divided up as their interests suit them.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.  E-mail me off the list and
I'll follow up by the end of August.

Sincerely,
Meta
Meta G. Carstarphen, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication
University of Oklahoma
860 Van Vleet Oval--Rm. 101
Norman, OK   73019-2051
PHONE: (405) 325-5227