Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2007 21:55:07 -0400
Colleagues,

I was recently asked to write a 100-word description for our division.
  Below is the draft that I submitted without the benefit of your
review.  Please review and e-mail your suggested edits by next
Wednesday, 10/24.  Many thanks

Camilla
MAC Head

The Minorities and Communication division (MAC) is committed to
advancing research, teaching and professional freedom and
responsibility scholarship and initiatives that delineate the
relationship between racial minorities and the communication process.
Programming and service initiatives center on critical economic,
political, legal, ethical, and social issues that define the role
racial minorities have played and are playing in mass media and mass
communication education.  As such, MAC also has a pragmatic aim to
promote cultural literacy among academics, professionals, and students
to strengthen their knowledge and skill sets to manage the
complexities and respond to the disparities that manifest in a
multicultural media landscape.

Camilla Gant, Ph.D.
University of West Georgia
Director/Associate Professor