From:
Carolyn Nielsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carolyn Nielsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 2010 08:51:17 -0800
Hello all,
Many of you may have had the pleasure, as I did, of meeting reporter Rebecca Aguilar at AEJMC this summer. She worked for the Fox affiliate in Dallas before being fired two years ago. She is also the founder of Wise Latinas Linked.

NAHJ called for her reinstatement: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/ent/stories/DN-aguilar_1020gl.State.Edition1.1fa7f20.html

Her case is now in the hands of the jury, if you are interested in following it. I could not find it in the Dallas news, but it's on this blog:

http://www.unclebarky.com/dfw_files/8e12d6064753606f4b6ca880f4ea36ba-1816.html

I suspect that many of you, especially those of you who have worked in newsrooms, will find this as interesting as I do. It's pretty easy to read between the lines...

Best,
Carolyn

Carolyn Nielsen
Assistant Professor
Department of Journalism
Western Washington University

(360) 650-3244
Office:  Communications Facility Rm. 261