From:
Ali Noor Mohamed <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ali Noor Mohamed <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2010 10:15:52 +0400
Dr. Pardun did not do this by mistake. She knew what she was doing and believes in what she wrote. The main issue for us is whether AEJMC presidents can issue partisan political statemnets in the name of the organization without prior consultation with the membership or their representatives at the divisional level. If AEJMC bylaws grant this kind of license to issue divisive political statements then that's what we need to address -- immediately -- or else this will not be the last time we see this kind of Tea Party talk.
Meanwhile, I agree that we need to contact Dr. Pardun before issuing a resolution. We do not need to seek someone who knows her. Our CSM and MAC leaders should do so through either a joint letter or an e-mail note.
Ali N. Mohamed
UAE University