From:
"Rios, Diana" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rios, Diana
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:09:07 -0400
Greetings MAC-ers,
I haven't gotten any papers yet from AEJMC people and
am really really looking forward to them.
Thank you very much in advance,
Scroll down and see where you can send your papers.
Drios

----------------------------------

Dear Colleagues,

Alternative and independent presses have great value in the United
States.

We are working on a press exhibit at the University of Connecticut to showcase ethnic newspapers.

Would you please send our team issues of your alternative newspapers?
We would like
to submit them for an Ethnic American Press Exhibit at the University of
Connecticut as representative of alternative papers.
All our work must be done in advance in order to prepare for the exhibit
debut.

The exhibition description: "Ethnic American Press: Cultural Maintenance
and
Assimilation Roles." This exhibit will debut at the Dodd Center at the
University of Connecticut. The exhibit features selected archive and
contemporary alternative US newspapers. This has been slated for the
Dodd
Research Center main gallery at UConn for early 2008.

The Institute for Puerto Rican and Latino Studies, UConn; the Dept. of
Communication Sciences, UConn are the main sponsors.
The Minorities and Communication Division of the Association for
Education
in Journalism & Mass Communication (AEJMC) would be co-sponsoring the
exhibit as
an out-of convention professional freedom and responsibility event.

Leading the project is
Dr. Diana I. Rios,
Associate Prof. of Communication Sciences &
Institute for Puerto Rican/Latino Studies

The mailing address is
Dr. Diana Rios
Dept. of Communication Sciences, (U-1085)
University of Connecticut, Storrs
Storrs, CT
06269

You may also contact here at 860-486-3187, [log in to unmask]

Sincerely, the Ethnic American Press Project Team