From:
"Rios, Diana" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rios, Diana
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2009 15:46:12 -0500
Well, If memory serves, Comm Theory and Method is a joint division for the
scholarship. They are a natural for teaming up with MAC Division.
I will also say, members of MAC do need to re-inform CTM about
the award and where it originated and why it exists. I recall some interactions with some folks that indicated
profound ignorance regarding the BARROW Fellowship and who
"owns" it, gets to assign the funds. It is not about ownership, this is about supporting young
scholars in the areas of race, ethnicity in communication research.
I was a recipient of the fellowship many moons ago.
I was a judge for the fellowship while serving as a head or vice head of MAC many moons ago also.

Dr. Diana I. Rios
Associate Professor
Communication Sciences and  Institute for PRLS
Dept. Communication Sciences, U-1085
University of Connecticut
Storrs, CT 06269
860-486-3187
***Officer of AEJMC and ICA***UConn Senate