From:
Maria Santana <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Maria Santana <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2006 21:24:25 -0400
Great news. One of my graduate students is doing her thesis on the analysis of Spike Lee' s documentary on Katrina. Do you think she could attend as a graduate student?
Let me know,
MC

Dr. M.C. Santana
Associate Professor of Journalism
Nicholson School of Communication
University of Central Florida
P. O. Box 161344
Orlando, FL 32816-1344
FAX (407) 823-6360 and
WORK (407) 823-2838
>>> "Lillie M. Fears, Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]> 09/28/06 10:38 AM >>>
Hello again, MAC Members,

I am re-sending the message below which announces MAC's first
out-of-convention activity. It occurred to me that some of your mail boxes
would probably read the earlier message as SPAM because my user name was not
configured correctly. So here's the announcement again. ---Lillie Fears

MAC To Co-sponsor Katrina Panel at LSU Next Month

I am pleased to announce that MAC will co-sponsor the teaching panel,
³Teaching and Learning through Katrina Lenses,² Friday, October 27, 2006,
with the Southwest Education Council for Journalism and Mass Communication
during its 29th Annual Symposium in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. This panel is
one of two out-of-convention programs that MAC will be sponsoring over the
next year.

MAC members Anita Fleming-Rife and Martin Edu, of Grambling State; and
George Daniels, Alabama, are among the featured speakers and participants.
Other speakers include Andrea Miller, assistant professor, and Shenid
Bhayroo, doctoral student, from the Manship School of Mass Communication at
Louisiana State University.

For hotel, registration and other conference details and updates, please
visit the Southwest Symposium Web site at www.swecjmc.org

-- Lillie Fears, Ph.D.
MAC Division Head, 2006-07
& Associate Professor of Journalism