From:
Brenda Webster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brenda Webster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2008 21:41:00 -0600
Dear MAC Colleagues,

Hope the New Year finds you and yours in good health and spirit. As
promised at last year’s Washington, D.C. Convention MAC meeting, I am
officially sending out a call for MAC STUDENT RESEARCH REVIEWERS early
this year.

As many of you may remember, we had a banner number of entrants (20)
last year, which forced some in our small pool of reviewers to read as
many as four and five papers. With your help, we can meet (or exceed)
the challenge of an expected larger pool of submissions for the 2008
Chicago Convention.

To date, I have five committed student research reviewers from this
division; we need at least 20 more reviewers. Remember, that this is a
“double-dip” opportunity! You have the chance to give back to your
division while adding another line to your vita. Also, the electronic
process now makes your service a breeze to complete without the bother
of snail mail.

If you or a colleague is interested (or even mildly interested) in
being a student research reviewer this year for MAC, please forward the
following information to me as soon as possible:

NAME
UNIVERSITY ADDRESS
E-MAIL
PHONE NUMBER (S)
TOPIC OF INTEREST
PREFERRED RESEARCH METHOD (QUAL. or QUANT.)

Also, if you don't already have an account please go to the AEJMC ALL
ACADEMIC Web site located at:
http://convention2.allacademic.com/one/aejmc/aejmc07/ and register. The
http://convention2.allacademic.com/one/aejmc/aejmc08/ site has not been
activated yet.

In anticipation of your positive response, please forward the
aforementioned request to [log in to unmask]

Sincerely,

Brenda Edgerton-Webster, Ph.D.
AEJMC/MAC Student Research Chair
Assistant Professor, Department of Communication
Mississippi State University
209 McComas Hall
Mississippi State University, MS 39762
(662) 325-5808