From:
Anita Fleming-Rife <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anita Fleming-Rife <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 13:06:36 -0700
Kudos again to Dr. Fears and to you, Dr. Daufin.  You
took the lead.

Clark-Atlanta also stepped up to the plate.  We
admitted 60 Xavier and Dillard students--12 are in
mass media.  I just talked to three of the students.
What resilience!

At the same time, I just want to point out that over
the years I have heard students referred to as
"apathetic."  My (Clark-Atlanta) students are anything
but.  They have been at the forefront of providing
service, raising funds and expressing their anger at
the media, the government and others for the treatment
of Katrina victims.  I am sure that you're
experiencing the same from your students.  I am very
proud of our students.

Anita Fleming-Rife

-- "E. K. Daufin" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Thanks to Dr. Lillie Fears' sending her university's
> early plan to help
> students displaced by Hurricane Katrina damage, and
> my sending that
> around to all the Alabama State University faculty
> and staff who have
> univ. email capability, as well as a little greasing
> of the wheels -
>
> ASU has enrolled, clothed and fed 25 displaced
> students and assisted
> their families.
>

> Thank you Dr. Fears for being the impetus for such
> good!
>

> Professor E-K. Daufin, Ph.D.
>
> MAC Membership Chair
>
> Department of Communications
>
> Alabama State University
>
> 915 South Jackson St.
>
> Montgomery, AL 36101-0271
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~daufin
>
> www.mylegacyforlife.net/thedaufin
>
> http://ekdaufin.isagenix.com

Anita
"I lift up mine eyes unto the hills from whence cometh my help..."