From:
"Rivas-Rodriguez, Maggie" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rivas-Rodriguez, Maggie
Date:
Mon, 27 Jul 2015 20:41:40 +0000
Hi, all,
One possibility is to use the existing interviews from our Trailblazers of Diversity Oral History Project -- to develop lesson plans. They are here: http://www.aejmc.org/home/?s=trailblazers

Most of the folks interviewed have indexes for their interviews as well. They ALL address issues of class, social justice, race.  Who is good at putting together exercises that use these interviews?

We have many more interviews to do -- and if you are able, please contact [log in to unmask] to sign up. He'll have equipment in San Francisco. Our consent forms, etc. are at: http://www.aejmc.org/home/2013/10/diversity-oral-history/

Just got one in recently conducted by Linda Shockley, the ME for the Dow Jones Newspaper Fund. She's awfully busy, but she did a wonderful interview for Trailblazers.

So, please step up -- let's come up with lesson plans for these to help our students understand diversity -- and do an interview or two for the project.

All best,
Maggie

Maggie Rivas-Rodriguez, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, University of Texas School of Journalism
1 University Station A1000
Austin, TX 78712-1073

Also-

Director, Voces Oral History Project (formerly the U.S. Latino & Latina World War II Oral History Project)
Vocesoralhistoryproject.org

Follow us:
Twitter.com/VocesProject (@VocesProject)
Facebook.com/VocesOralHistoryProject