From:
LILLIE FEARS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
LILLIE FEARS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2006 21:55:40 -0500
Hello Colleagues,

I hope you had a great 4th July holiday and that your summer is going well!

It's hard to believe that we are exactly four weeks away from the annual convention in San Francisco.  My plate is full for that meeting as I will be participating on a panel, attending meetings and winding up my year as a JLID fellow.

Two meeting that I have been thinking a lot about are the assessment meeting on Tuesday and our membership meeting on Friday evening (I think that's right---check your programs to be sure).

That's right:  MAC is being assessed this year. Emmanuel (MAC head), Camilla (Second Vice head) and  I have to attend the assessment meeting on Tuesday. To prepare, I've been pouring over the last five years worth of annual reports.

As you probably know, since I am vice head, I'll be assuming the post as head in San Francisco and will make a few remarks toward the end of the meeting.  I've attached a draft of  four (4) goals or projects that I am proposing we take on in 2006-07.   I will go over them at the membership meeting and address any questions or concerns you might have. In the meantime, I'd like to get feedback from as many folk as possible on what I've outlined here.  That would help me anticipate questions that might come up in the meeting.  Nothing in this draft is set in stone!  These are just ideas and proposals.

Again, I think these four goals are reasonable for us.

I look forward to hearing back from as many of you as possible during or before the membership meeting in San Francisco!

Lillie
870.995.3655 (mobile/message)