From:
"Waller, Linda" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Waller, Linda
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:00:52 -0500
Colleagues,
As a member of the organizing committee I thought you'd like to attend and
encourage your students to participate in this conference.

Linda Waller, Deputy Director
Dow Jones Newspaper Fund, Inc.
P.O. Box 300, Princeton NJ 08543-0300
PHONE: 609-520-5929 FAX: 609-520-5804
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Visit our web site - http://DJNewspaperFund.dowjones.com

Greetings!

Join me in Atlantic City for the upcoming Region II Conference this April 5.
"Empowering Journalists for the Future" will prove to be a worthwhile
professional development and networking opportunity. The conference takes
place at the Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel from 8 a.m. to 8
p.m. The conference is hosted by the Garden State Association of Black
Journalists.

Dori J. Maynard, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Robert C.
Maynard Institute for Journalism Education, will give the luncheon address.

The one-day conference event is comprised of a candidates forum, the plenary
session "A View from the Top," the luncheon address, 12 professional
workshops, and an evening reception. Connect with NABJ founder Francis Ward
of Syracuse University, Bill Vargus of FOX Philadelphia, Walter Middlebrook
of Newsday, and Candace Kelley of New Jersey Public Television. Additional
program participants are viewable at www.pabj.org/2003participants.htm  Join
us in saluting NABJ Past President and CN8 Anchor Arthur Fennell during the
evening reception.

Visit www.pabj.org/2003regional.htm for current conference information and
registration materials. Register on time: conference registration is due
postmarked by Friday, March 7 to the national office.
www.pabj.org/2003registration.htm  You may register by phone and pay by
credit card by calling Warner Williams at 301-445-7100 ext. 113.

"Empowering Journalists for the Future" is made possible by the generous
support of The Star-Ledger, The Press of Atlantic City, WNYC, and the New
Jersey Press Association.

Please contact me for sponsorship opportunities or program questions. Thank
you kindly for your support. See you in Atlantic City April 5!

Sincerely,
Sarah J. Glover
NABJ Region II Director
Philadelphia Inquirer photographer