From:
Maria Santana <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Maria Santana <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2006 10:29:34 -0400
Lillie and Emmanuel,
Congratulations on this effort. We need to collect our thoughts and
decide on issues during our time together in the convention. By sending
this message now we can do just that. I am not going to be able to
attend the convention this year but would like to let you know some of
my thoughts on your proposed initiatives.
Research- Wonderful idea from George Daniels (it takes time and effort
but the exposure for our division is great)
Membership- A much needed initiative since our numbers have been
decreasing. Don't forget the New Member's Breakfast since we always get
three or four people to join. Each-one-Reach-one is a great effort that
can be posted on the website. An updated website makes us stronger and
more organized. We could include former conventions schedules, research
abstracts and contacts under areas of research or teaching of our
members. If you have the support in your school by all means DO it. It
is very important since many members of AEJMC are only working on-line
and we are cut off of it completely without an updated website.
Media Diversity Teaching- Way to go! We are the experts but we are not
working together! Lee would be very proud of us on this initiative. I
believe a two year period is probably correct. I think we need two
people insead of one for this task.
I wish you good luck and please keep me posted on the voting during the
Members' Meeting.
Warm regards,
MC Santana

Dr. M.C. Santana
Associate Professor of Journalism
Nicholson School of Communication
University of Central Florida
P. O. Box 161344
Orlando, FL 32816-1344
FAX (407) 823-6360 and
WORK (407) 823-2838
>>> LILLIE FEARS <[log in to unmask]> 07/05/06 10:55 PM >>>
Hello Colleagues,

I hope you had a great 4th July holiday and that your summer is going
well!

It's hard to believe that we are exactly four weeks away from the annual
convention in San Francisco.  My plate is full for that meeting as I
will be participating on a panel, attending meetings and winding up my
year as a JLID fellow.

Two meeting that I have been thinking a lot about are the assessment
meeting on Tuesday and our membership meeting on Friday evening (I think
that's right---check your programs to be sure).

That's right:  MAC is being assessed this year. Emmanuel (MAC head),
Camilla (Second Vice head) and  I have to attend the assessment meeting
on Tuesday. To prepare, I've been pouring over the last five years worth
of annual reports.

As you probably know, since I am vice head, I'll be assuming the post as
head in San Francisco and will make a few remarks toward the end of the
meeting.  I've attached a draft of  four (4) goals or projects that I am
proposing we take on in 2006-07.   I will go over them at the membership
meeting and address any questions or concerns you might have. In the
meantime, I'd like to get feedback from as many folk as possible on what
I've outlined here.  That would help me anticipate questions that might
come up in the meeting.  Nothing in this draft is set in stone!  These
are just ideas and proposals.

Again, I think these four goals are reasonable for us.

I look forward to hearing back from as many of you as possible during or
before the membership meeting in San Francisco!

Lillie
870.995.3655 (mobile/message)