From:
Maria Santana <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Maria Santana <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 16:23:06 -0500
Hello. For an AEJMC convetion panel I'm putting together on the
management
and economics of minority media, which is being co-sponsored by the Mass

Communication & Society Divsion and the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual,
Transgender
Interest Group, I would like to have suggestions of scholars in the MAC
division (or others, even including non-AEJMC members) who have
conducted
research on the management, marketing and/or economics of
African-American
news media (print and/or broadcast), U.S. Latino news media (print
and/or
broadcast), Native American news media (print and/or broadcast), Asian
American news media (print and/or broadcast) and/or the GLBT media.

Dane
Head, Mass Communication & Society Division
Vice-Head/Program Chair, GLBT Interest Group

"The best way to get the news is from objective sources. And the most
objective sources I have are people on my staff."--Pres. George W. Bush,

Oct. 2003, confusing ideology with objectivity

Dane S. Claussen, Ph.D., M.B.A.
Associate Professor & Director of the Graduate Program
    Department of Journalism and Mass Communication, and
Chair, Graduate Council
Point Park University
Wood Street at Boulevard of the Allies
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-1984
412-392-3412 (direct number)
412-392-3917 (department fax)
[log in to unmask] (office email)
AND
President & Principal, American Newspaper Consultants, Ltd.
1211 Buena Vista St. #4
"Mexican War Streets"
Pittsburgh, PA 15212

Dr. M.C. Santana
Associate Professor and
Journalism Division Head
Nicholson School of Communication
University of Central Florida
P. O. Box 161344
Orlando, FL 32816-1344
FAX (407) 823-6360 and
WORK (407) 823-2838
also
AEJMC- Minority and Communication Division Vice Head
NPPA- National Student Chapter Chair