From:
Kingsley Harbor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kingsley Harbor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:07:23 -0500
MAC colleagues:

We have an endowed chair position open at Jacksonville State University,
Jacksonville, Alabama. I encourage any who may be interested to apply.
Women and minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The position
starts fall 2003, but will remain open until filled. I post below the ad
which currently appears on JSU website, while at the same time send it
to you as an attachment. You should be able to receive either or both in
good conditions.

Thanks

Kingsley O. Harbor, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Head
Department of Communication
Jacksonville State University
Jacksonville, AL 36265
Voice:  (256) 782-5083
Fax: (256) 782-8175
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

AYERS CHAIR. The Department of Communication seeks applications for the
Harry M. Ayers and Adele Ayers Chair of Communication, Jacksonville
State University, beginning August 2003. This is a one-year renewable,
non-tenure-track appointment at the associate or full professor rank.
Qualifications: Ph.D. or Master's degree in appropriate area is desired;
weight given for outstanding professional work in lieu of advanced
degrees. The chair-holder will teach in broadcast and/or print
journalism (including production) and will add prominence and
achievement to the Department of Communication faculty. Ability to teach
in area of new technology is a plus. Rank and salary are contingent upon
qualifications, experience and needs of the university. Send application
(available on our web site at www.jsu.edu), resume, copies of
transcripts, and names/addresses/phone numbers of at least three
references to Jacksonville StateUniversity, Human Resources, 700 Pelham
Road North, Jacksonville, Alabama 36265. Applicants selected for an
interview will be required to supply official transcripts and current
letters of reference. Minority applicants are strongly encouraged to
apply. Reference number 20635. An EO/AA Employer.