From:
Petra Guerra <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Petra Guerra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 2011 08:38:12 -0600

Fellow MAC Division Members,

This
 is just a final reminder about our AEJMC Midwinter Conference, which
will take place at The University of Oklahoma March -2-3, 2012. The
deadline for 600 to 800-word abstracts to be submitted is THIS Friday, December 2, 2011
 by noon. Please consider sharing some of your
research-in-progress and encourage graduate students who are doing
seminar papers that relate to diversity to submit an abstract of their
work.

We
 are also looking for panels that might examine research, teaching or
PF&R (Professional Freedom and Responsibility) issues related to the
 scope of our division. Remember the University of Oklahoma is also
home to the Native American Journalists Association and one of our
former MAC Division Heads Dr. Meta Carstarphen, who serves as director
of graduate studies.

The
 Uniform Call for Papers is attached. Besides the information in the
Uniform Call for Papers, we usually remind prospective authors that for
the Minorities and Communication, Minorities
 traditionally has been defined to include Latinos, African Americans,
Asian Americans, and Native Americans. Research on how these groups
present images, news and information about themselves as well as
research examining how issues related to race and diversity are featured
 in the media fall in this divisions area of interest. Also since the Gay Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Interest Group is not participating in this conference, we will also consider abstracts that would normally be submitted to that unit at the August conference.

All MAC abstracts should be e-mailed to [log in to unmask] I will send each submitting author an acknowledgement e-mail upon receiving an abstract.

Thank you for helping to spread the word about this important activity for our MAC Division.

--
George L. Daniels, Ph.D.
Associate Professor

--
Petra Guerra, PhD
Head, Minorities and Communication-AEJMC

%PDF-1.6 % 7 0 obj <</Linearized 1/L 89439/O 9/E 84890/N 1/T 89148/H [ 515 174]>> endobj 30 0 obj <</DecodeParms<</Columns 5/Predictor 12>>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<2E75D87FC6F587428096A3C2D1AFB63F><C9755B5225C45B43B332653D8331CFA9>]/Index[7 42]/Info 6 0 R/Length 115/Prev 89149/Root 8 0 R/Size 49/Type/XRef/W[1 3 1]>>stream hbbd```b``Z"l >d/d5d f``r؄)V"mNH@$XDʚH'@u L@LHC?