From:
"WHITMORE, EVONNE" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WHITMORE, EVONNE
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2010 15:09:45 -0400
I agree  that there should be a joint CSM and MAC resolution.  As an AEJMC board member, I recall a brief reminder at our December meeting about PAC's mission and the kind of issues it would tackle.  Like you, I was flabbergasted by their notion that President Obama has not practiced transparency.

For what it's worth,  I plan to formally voice my concerns when the board convenes in August and request that they be included as part of the official board minutes.  I agree that there are many approaches to tackle this issue. But ultimately, we all know that is the squeaky wheel that gets the oil.

While a resolution is good, I think it would also be beneficial for the board to receive as many individual responses as possible on the issue. Sorry, for joining the discussion late.  I've been on vacation and email  for me was in the "off mode."

Dwight, thanks for leading the charge.

Evonne H. Whitmore, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Coordinator Graduate Studies
U.S. Fulbright Scholar
School of Journalism & Mass Communication
Kent State University
Kent, OH 4422-0001

"You may have lost a diamond while you were too busy collecting stones."