CASONLINE-L Archives

CASOnline

CASONLINE-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
"Gibbs, Laura K." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gibbs, Laura K.
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 11:00:05 -0500

thanks to the always enjoyable Library Stories blog
<http://librarystories.blogspot.com/2004/06/all-consuming.html>  from
Adri Edwards-Johnson, I learned about this amazing experiment in social
software, relying on blogs, amazon.com, and SHEER GENIUS:

http://www.allconsuming.net/ <http://www.allconsuming.net/>

        All Consuming is a website that visits recently updated weblogs
every hour, checking them for links to books on Amazon, Barnes & Noble,
Book Sense, and other book sites. Every book on this site has a list of
all the weblogs that have mentioned it, and every weblog that has
mentioned books in the past also has a page here listing which books it
has mentioned.

You can see books most mentioned in the Last Hour, Today, Yesterday, A
Week Ago, A Month Ago, A Year Ago, Most Mentioned Books in 2003 and Most
Mentioned Books in 2002.

this is what computers are GOOD at (crawling around the web counting
things): and we get to enjoy the results. totally absolutely cool.

posted by Laura Gibbs @ 11:25 PM